On-Campus Programs

Admission Requirements

Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or the international equivalent, prior to beginning graduate study. There are two types of admission:

  • Unconditional: Applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework to be eligible. Otherwise, a graduate coursework GPA will be used for an admission decision if an applicant has completed a minimum of nine (9) graduate credit hours.
  • Conditional: Applicants with at least a 2.5 GPA may be considered on the basis of a combination of other factors including, but not limited to, scores on standardized tests, preparation at the undergraduate level, quality of work, recommendations, and other relevant factors. Students admitted conditionally will be informed in their admission letter of the conditions they must satisfy in order to continue their enrollment in the program and to become eligible for scholarships.

Individual programs may require additional application materials and may have more selective admission requirements than those of graduate admission, including minimum GPA requirements. Copies of all official documents can be used for admission purposes. Note: official documents are required at a later date if not originally provided.

Application Fee

A non-refundable application fee of $40 may be paid by credit card in the online application. Applications will not be processed until the fee has been received.

Admission Essay

Applicants must provide a short admission essay on the following topics:

  • Identify the achievements and work experience you consider relevant to your interest in and capacity for graduate study.
  • Briefly state your career objectives and how the graduate program you have selected will assist you in attaining these goals.

Some programs use a separate essay prompt. This information is included in the online application.

Transcripts and Proof of Degree

Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended are required. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution electronically or by mail:
Office of Admission
Bradley University
1501 W. Bradley Ave.
Peoria, IL 61625

Documents submitted by mail cannot be returned to the applicant.

International Applications

In the U.S., a transcript is the name given to the official university report listing the subjects, grades, dates of attendance, and other information reflecting a student's academic performance at a specific institution. A transcript is considered official only when prepared by the registrar's office and submitted in a sealed envelope to Bradley University.

One set of official copies of transcripts, academic records, or university mark sheets should be sent directly from the academic institution (normally the registrar's office) to Bradley’s Office of Admission. Transcripts should reflect subjects and examination results on a year-by-year or semester-by-semester basis. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official translation. An explanation of the grading system should be included, if not noted on the document. Certification of the degree and the date the degree was awarded is required.

Applicants from countries using statements of marks, memorandum of marks, mark sheets, etc., are required to submit official (attested) copies of their annual and semester mark sheets from every examination session for all subjects passed, failed, and repeated. Consolidated mark sheets alone are not accepted.


A minimum of two recommendations must be submitted as part of the online application. Some programs require additional recommendations; please refer to the program pages for specific information. The recommendation requests are sent electronically after completing the online application.


The resume is not required by all programs. However, it’s very helpful in making admissions decisions and financial aid awards, so we recommend all applicants submit one.

Standardized Test Scores (GRE, GMAT or MAT)

If your program requires a standardized test score, the official score must be sent directly to the Office of Admission by the testing agency. Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070.

English Language Proficiency (all non-U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents)

Applicants who are not U.S. citizens, with the exception of Legal Permanent Residents, are required to provide proof of English language proficiency Acceptable exams and minimum scores are listed below:

  • TOEFL iBT minimum 79 (paper-based minimum 550)
  • IELTS minimum 6.5 overall band
  • PTE Academic minimum 58
  • E3PT minimum 68

Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070. All scores should be sent directly to Bradley University. Graduate and International Admission does not accept language certificates; letters from counselors, advisors, or professors; or other assessments not listed above as proof of English language proficiency.

Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an at-home version of the TOEFL and IELTS (Indicator) tests are currently offered in most parts of the world. In addition, the Graduate School is temporarily accepting the E3PT (English3 Proficiency Test) which can be taken from home on either a PC or a Mac.

Applicants who are eligible for a waiver of English language proficiency must meet one of the following requirements:

  • Citizenship of one of the following countries (copy of current unexpired passport as proof):
    • Antigua and Barbuda
    • Australia
    • Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Bermuda
    • Canada (not including Quebec)
    • Cayman Islands
    • Dominica
    • Grenada
    • Guam
    • Ireland
    • Jamaica
    • New Zealand
    • Saint Kitts and Nevis
    • Saint Lucia
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • United Kingdom
    • Virgin Islands
  • Two (2) years or more of study at the secondary or tertiary level in the U.S. or one of the countries listed above within the last four (4) years — transcript from institution as proof
  • Two (2) years or more of continuous full-time work experience in the U.S. within the last four (4) years — a current resume and an employment letter on company letterhead stating the dates of employment as proof

Additional Post-Admission Requirements for F-1 International Students

If you plan to apply for an F-1 student visa or are already in F-1 student status and will transfer your SEVIS record to Bradley University, the following documents must be submitted upon admission:

In order for an I-20 to be created, F-1 students are required to show proof of available funds to cover at least one year of study at Bradley. This includes the estimated full cost of living. All proof of funds must be dated within six (6) months of submission. All applicants must submit Bradley’s Affidavit of Support, completely filled out, and including required documentation (see form for details).

If you are currently in active F-1 status at another institution, it is necessary to have your SEVIS record transferred to Bradley University. Inform the International Advisor (Designated School Official) at the institution you are currently attending of your intention to transfer to Bradley University and complete any transfer out forms (if applicable). Notify us once your record has been transferred in SEVIS.

At this time, you will receive a “Transfer Pending” I-20. After you have reported in person by attending International Student Orientation, the transfer process will be finalized and you will receive a new "Transfer Complete" I-20. If you have questions about the transfer process, contact your current International Advisor or Bradley Graduate and International Admission at intladmission@bradley.edu.