Residence Hall Agreement

Below is the residence hall agreement. Students sign (electronically) this agreement when they sign up for housing for the academic year. All residence hall agreements are for the ENTIRE academic year. Bradley University maintains and enforces a live-on residency requirement for first and second year students.

Residence Requirements

All full time first and second year students must live in the residence halls. Students can amend their residential choices to live-in a sorority/fraternity house through an approval process at the conclusion of each semester. The only exceptions include: veterans, those who are 21 years of age by September 1 of the current academic year, those who live with nearby immediate relatives (sister or brother who are non-Bradley students, aunt, uncle, parents, grandparents) within a 40 mile radius of the campus, or cases involving documented medical reasons that accommodations cannot be made for within the residence halls.

Students with alcohol violations are subject to the following housing regulations:

  • Students who are suspended from the university due to receiving three alcohol related violations will be required to live in the residence halls for a semester or year after their return.
  • Additionally, any student who requests an appeal of the two-year on campus residence requirement may not have received two alcohol related MOVNs, alcohol related residence hall referrals, and/or
  • An adverse decision of the student conduct system on this issue within their first year. Students may appeal this policy decision to the student leader board.
  • Students who receive two alcohol related MOVNs, alcohol related residence hall referrals, and/or by decision of the student conduct system within their first year will not be released to live in their respective sorority or fraternity house their second year. Additionally, first year students who receive one of the above mentioned violations will not be allowed to fill any vacancies in a sorority or fraternity house at the end of the fall semester of their first year. Appeals of this requirement can be made to the student leader panel.

A student who is REQUIRED to live in the residence halls and ENROLLS at Bradley University will be CHARGED FOR ROOM AND BOARD for that semester/academic year. Requests for exceptions to these rules should be sent to the Residential Living and Student Conduct.

Part-time undergraduate and graduate students may live in the residence halls.

Housing Agreement

In order to reserve space in a residence hall, students will submit a residence hall request. The request will be available to freshmen and transfer students by the admissions office after the advance enrollment fee is paid. Next, the request form will be available on the individual admissions website for the student. The agreement and the $100 housing deposit should be submitted online. The deposit serves as a room reservation and damage deposit.

This agreement is binding for the ENTIRE ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR AND INCLUDES ROOM AND BOARD CHARGES FOR BOTH SEMESTERS. Students who enter the residence halls for the spring semester are only subject to the terms for that semester.

The halls will be closed to all students during Thanksgiving break, semester break and spring break. The halls close for the summer on the day following the last final exam in May.


The $100 deposit, which each student has on file while living in a residence hall, may be used to cover any damage for which that student is deemed responsible.

There are some instances where all students on a floor will be charged for damage which has occurred to that floor because of group action and/or action not assignable to specific individuals when, in the university's judgment, the damage has been extensive.

If a student is assessed for damage that substantially reduces the deposit, reimbursement of the deposit to bring it back to the original amount may be required.


  • Students who submit a residence hall agreement for the fall term may cancel the agreement by June 1 (If you are an incoming student, you have until May 1 to cancel) and will be eligible for their deposit to be refunded.
  • If a returning student does not cancel their agreement by June 1, and enrolls in the fall, they will be subject to the terms of the agreement, and the deposit will remain on file.
  • Returning students who do not cancel the agreement by June 1, and who do not enroll for the fall semester, will have their deposits forfeited.
  • Returning students must register for classes by July 15 or they may have their fall housing assignment cancelled.
  • If a student does not register for the second semester, they will not be held liable for the agreement, and the deposit will be refunded if the housing office is notified by the Monday before second semester classes begin.


Student rooms are assessed each summer for damages. Any damages that occur during the academic year are reviewed by the Housing Department. Fees may apply and are taken from Housing Deposits.

Students who will no longer be living in the residence hall after May will have their deposits returned in August, while those leaving in December will have their deposits returned in April.

Additional Terms

The agreement is terminated if an individual is no longer a student at Bradley University.

The university reserves the right of room assignment and of reassignment for the benefit of the individual student or group.

The university reserves the right to inspect residence rooms and to regulate the use of the premise in accordance with university rules and regulations.

Students may have guests stay in their rooms. The university reserves the right to limit the frequency of guest visits. Guests must observe all regulations of the residence hall system, and the host or hostess is responsible for any infractions or damage caused by their guest. Students planning to have guests should notify their resident advisor in case of an emergency. Guests are prohibited from staying more than 72 consecutive hours.

Cooking in student rooms is prohibited per appliance regulations.

The university is not liable for the loss of or damage to residents' property while on the premises. The university encourages residents to contact their own insurance carriers for coverage.

You are issued a room key when you officially check into your residence hall. This key remains the property of the university and may not be loaned or duplicated. When you check out of your residence hall room, you must turn in your room key to your residence hall advisor. If you lose your room key, you will be required to pay for a complete core change.