Master of Arts in Counseling – Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling is a 60 credit-hour program that readies you for the National Counselor Examination and a subsequent career in the field. CACREP accredited, this program provides opportunities to help diverse populations with issues like substance abuse, rehabilitation, marriage and family issues, and more!
Taking Your Future Forward
Healing takes help, and Bradley’s clinical mental health counseling master’s degree program is your start on the road to promoting positive growth. As a graduate student, you’ll gain a wealth of hands-on experience, including 750 hours in supervised practicums and internships.
Graduate Admission Requirements
Learn more about graduate admission standards and application requirements on our Requirements page.
Program Admission Requirements
- Three professional and/or academic letters of references. At least one professional reference must be from a current supervisor.
- Valid GRE or MAT test score if Graduate Admission GPA evaluation is less than a 3.0
Graduate Program Requirements
Graduate Core - 6 hrs.
- ENC 604: Research Methodology and Applications - 3 hrs.
- ENC 606: Interpersonal Behavior and Organizational Leadership - 3 hrs.
Program Core - 45 hrs.
- ENC 530: Loss and Grief Counseling - 1 hr.
- ENC 540: Human Growth and Development - 3 hrs.
- ENC 551: Substance Abuse Counseling - 2 hrs.
- ENC 586: Counseling Diverse Populations - 3 hrs.
- ENC 620: Introduction to Counseling: Professional Orientation - 2 hrs.
- ENC 621: Career and Life Planning Across Lifespan - 3 hrs.
- ENC 622: Counseling: Ethics and the Law - 1 hr.
- ENC 623: Pre-Practicum in Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 624: Theories and Techniques of Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 625: Principles of Group Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 630: Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders - 3 hrs.
- ENC 631: Crisis Intervention Counseling - 1 hr.
- ENC 632: Psychopharmacology - 1 hr.
- ENC 640: Supervision - 2 hrs.
- ENC 641: Assessment in Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 654: Consultation in Helping Professions - 2 hrs.
- ENC 661: Couples and Family Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 690: Fall Practicum - 2 hrs.
- ENC 691: Internship I in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - 1 hr.
- ENC 692: Internship II in Clinical Mental Health Counseling- 3 hrs.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Specialty Area Course Work - 9 hrs.
- Required - 4 hrs.
- ENC 651: Clinical Mental Health Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 663: Counseling and Dynamics of Aging - 1 hr.
- Electives - 5 hrs.
- Tailored to your needs