Free One-on-One Tutoring
Free, one on one, online tutoring appointments are available for Bradley University students for select courses, up to 3 hours per week. Tutoring appointments should be made at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments made within 24 hours should be considered tentative until a response is received from the tutor.
- Click the course code below for the course you would like to find a tutor.
- Look for a tutor that has an hourly rate listed with “or $0.” Students pay hourly rates beyond their 3 free weekly hours or for appointments for courses where free tutoring is not offered. Students will never be asked to enter payment account information for free tutoring.
- Click “View Tutor” to see the tutor’s profile. Courses with a green check mark under “SUBJECTS &COURSES” on the tutor profile can be booked for free tutoring.
- Click “BOOK OR MESSAGE TUTOR” at the top of the profile.
- Complete the steps to request an appointment or contact the tutor to set up an alternate meeting time.
Please note that TMS is also our platform for paid, private tutoring. You may locate other tutors associated with Bradley University who are not employed by Bradley. Only tutors listed with “or $0” after their private hourly rate will be no cost to Bradley students. Students must use their @mail.bradley.edu email address to create their TMS account in order to access free Bradley tutors.
|ACCOUNTING||ATG 157||ATG 158|
|BIOLOGY||BIO 111||BIO 151||BIO 250|
|CHEMISTRY||CHM 100||CHM 104||CHM 110||CHM 112||CHM 116||CHM 162||CHM 252||CHM 256|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE||CS 100||CS 101||CS 102||CS 140||CS 210|
|MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS||MIS 173|
|MATHEMATICS||MTH 109||MTH 111||MTH 112||MTH 114||MTH 115||MTH 121||MTH 122||MTH 223||MTH 224|
|PHYSICS||PHY 100||PHY 107||PHY 108||PHY 110||PHY 123||PHY 201|
|QUANTITATIVE METHODS||Q M 262|
|SPEECH and PRESENTATION ASSISTANCE||COM 103|
If free tutoring is not available, you may find assistance in private tutoring.
Free Drop-In Tutoring
Free drop-in tutoring is available for the following classes:
|MATHEMATICS||MTH 109||MTH 111||MTH 112||MTH 114||MTH 115||MTH 121||MTH 122||MTH 223|
|CHEMISTRY||CHM 100||CHM 104||CHM 110||CHM 112||CHM 116||CHM 252|
|PHYSICS||PHY 100||PHY 107||PHY 108||PHY 110||PHY 201|
Drop-in tutoring schedules and access information requires a BU Net ID and password to access. View drop-in tutoring schedules and access information.
Paid Private Tutoring – Students And Community
Bradley University has collaborated with Tutor Matching Service (TMS) for the convenience of students who either cannot use the Academic Success Center’s services (including non-Bradley students), those would rather have a private tutor, and those in classes for which free tutoring is not offered.
About TMS Tutoring:
- TMS tutors offer their services on a pay-per-session basis.
- Tutors set their own rates, and are paid directly through TMS
- Bradley University provides no oversight of their services and does not make any recommendation regarding their appropriateness to tutor inside the subject areas they have self-selected to tutor in.
Bradley University is not affiliated with Tutor Matching Service (TMS). Tutors on TMS are not employees or independent contractors of Bradley University. Tutors on TMS are private contractors hired directly by students. Bradley University neither guarantees the quality of TMS or its tutors, verifies the credentials or criminal and professional background of TMS or its tutors, nor endorses TMS or its tutors in any way. Bradley University makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind, regarding the services provided by TMS or its tutors. Students are urged to read and follow the TMS terms of service carefully in order to get the best experience.
If no tutor is listed, you may submit the Tutor Request Form to have our staff work on locating a tutor for you.
Become a Tutor
Students may sign up to offer private tutoring through Tutor Matching Service. Tutor recruitment for tutors employed by the Academic Success Center is done directly with faculty in the academic departments.